House Sold - Clayfield QLD
Under Contract before auction.
Held in the same family for over 100 years, this magnificent property is on the market for the first time since its’ construction in 1921. Situated in the stylish suburb of Clayfield on an impressive 688 square metre block, the pre-war property boasts original features including timber floorboards, VJ walls and high ceilings with detailed cornice and vintage chandeliers. Occupying a premium position just 7km from the CBD, this well-loved family residence offers immense development potential in an area where opportunities such as this are dwindling. The unique configuration of the home will allow a variety of layouts, giving you the freedom to design your ideal home.
The home welcomes you with an exceptionally large living area that has been extended by enclosing what was previously a balcony. The space is naturally illuminated by two walls of windows and features a timber display case in the centre. The two larger bedrooms, a sunroom and sleepout that has been converted into an additional two rooms occupy the first half of the home. The central bathroom provides dual access and features a large walk-in shower, toilet and mirrored vanity. The remainder of the home is comprised of a formal lounge room, kitchen and third bedroom that would be suitable for use as a study, library or hobby room.
The kitchen has been updated over the years with appliances such as the oven and dishwasher, with large windows that frame the natural greenery from outside. Accessed via the rear stairs, the backyard features a paved courtyard area, clothesline, water tank and two sheds that would each accommodate one vehicle. Outside these sheds is an undercover carport that provides room for another two vehicles, accessed by the concrete driveway that runs down the side of the property. Underneath the house are laundry facilities, numerous rooms for storage and a section that would be suitable for use as a workshop.
The term ‘renovators delight’ has never been more accurate, flaunting the iconic elements of an early 1900’s home on a substantial block in one of Brisbane’s most sought-after suburbs. Quiet yet convenient, the home is just 400m from Clayfield Train Station and 200m to the nearest city-bound bus stop on Sandgate Road. The prestigious Clayfield College is just across the road, with other local schools including Aviation State High, Kedron State High, St Rita’s and Eagle Junction State School. Proximity to dining and shopping districts Portside, Eat Street Northshore and Racecourse Road secure the reputation of the area as a premier lifestyle precinct that is ever-increasing in both prestige and desirability.
• 100 year old property on 688 sqm. block with timber floorboards, VJ walls & high ceilings
• 7km from the CBD with immense development potential (Zoned LMR2)
• Large living area that has been extended by enclosing what was previously a balcony
• 2 x larger bedrooms, sunroom & sleepout converted into an additional 2 x rooms
• Central bathroom with dual access featuring large walk-in shower, toilet & mirrored vanity
• Remainder of the home is comprised of a formal lounge room, kitchen & third bedroom
• Kitchen has been updated over the years with appliances such as the oven & dishwasher
• Backyard with paved courtyard, clothesline, water tank & 2 x sheds (fit 1 x vehicle each)
• Undercover carport with room for another 2 x vehicles, accessed via the side driveway
• 400m to Clayfield Train Station, 200m to the nearest city-bound bus stop on Sandgate Rd
• Clayfield College across the road & other local schools including Aviation State High, Kedron State High, St Rita’s & Eagle Junction State School
• Nearby dining & shopping districts Portside, Eat Street Northshore & Racecourse Road
**This property is being sold by auction and therefore a price guide can not be provided. It is illegal in the state of Queensland to disclose a price guide using this method. We may advertise a price in the coming weeks if the property hasn’t sold.**
- 3 bed
- 1 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Land is 688 m²
- 2 Garage
- Secure Parking
Comments are closed.